Studland Beer Festival, Early K-Bay and Whiplash..

What started as a cheeky Friday ale suggestion to Colin and Gregg, ended up with with a power mission to the Studland Beer Festival at the Banks Arms. By the time Colin got back from London and Gregg was ready (it was actually quicker for Colin to get back from London, than Gregg to get ready), we arrived at the Banks Arms, with vans at 9pm. To our Horror it was closing at 11pm, so we had only 2 hours to power our way through as many fine (or usually unfine) ales as possible.

The idea was to rise early, drive to K-Bay catch any wind there maybe or go for a SUP. Despite some clearly dodgy Ales (Gregg's Choice) and some tasty numbers (generally Colin's choices), we managed to achieve the objective. I had a shit nights sleep though, this was meant to be a night off from being a father. I haven't yet lined the van roof and it pissed down all night, the noise was so much I could have been mistaken for being in a riot van. Gregg, who also doesn't understand the need to not get woken so early when you have a small child, decided that we should wake early and get to Kimmeridge to beat the car parking attendant. Unfortunately we actually got stuck behind the car parking attendant so still had to pay...

I cooked up the boys bacon and eggs fresh from my self built camper van, and what followed was a surprisingly good SUP session with some decent waves. Colin still hasn't managed to turn any of his London earnings into a paddle board, so had to go without once again...

This is where the whiplash story comes in, earlier in the week I crashed a spock trying to be a freestyle bender, really hard and jarred my neck. I didn't think too much of it at the time. However I took a relatively simple fall off the paddle board and that was it, my neck couldn't take it anymore. For anyone who hasn't experienced whiplash it is seriously painful. This is the second time for me (first time when learning to grubby donkey's years ago, and someone told me it was like doing a forward without taking off!). I have spent the weekend not being able to really move without any spine tingling excrutiating pain, even unbelievably, chewing food. So I have another chiropractor appointment and a bit of a wait until I can get back on the water. Hopefully then we will get a bit of a summer then!

Comments